Sunday, March 1, 2009

Busy Weekend

It's been a busy fortnight, swimming, taking a squillion photos, and being mum. Hubby is away again, this time for 9 nights, so I've been having really bad sleeps. I stupidly mentioned to the kids that I was missing him and his warm snuggles in bed. So for the next 2 nights, Isla crept into my bed around 3am. The 1st night it started off peaceful enough, little strokes on the side of my face, kisses, cuddles, but when I asked her to pop back through to her bed, she had a real meltdown - as a result I was screamed at, kicked in the back several times and had to carry the little madam back to her bed + close the door. Goodness me, what a hullabaloo! At least on the 2nd night, she was still a bit dozy, so she didn't kick up too much of a stink when I placed her back into her own bed!

Friday night I was lucky enough to see Billy Elliot The Musical. What a fabulous show + endless amounts of energy from Michael Dameski who played Billy.
Up early on Saturday morning to take Isla to see her favourite singer, Justine Clarke, who was performing a one off show to support NETS, the Newborn Emergency Transport Service. Justine is about 16wks pregnant but still managed to hop hippity hop around the stage with her infectious energy + gorgeous smile. We had a chance to meet Justine after the show + Isla shyly spoke to her then briefly turned around for a quick snap!
Thankfully there was a quiet house on Saturday night so I got stuck in to my Book Group novel, Mao's Last Dancer. I managed the first section whilst listening to some chill out tunes on my iphone. First time I have sat down to a good book in months! Just hope I finish it in time for next Thursday's meeting!
Jack was off to soccer this morning where he ran, and ran, and ran some more! As with all young kids playing soccer, they swarm around the ball, shoving teammates out the way, kicking the ball the wrong way. It's very cute to watch them. Sometimes they even managed to score a goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment